Date: Saturday, 4th September 2021
Time: 9.30 am to 4 pm
Venue: Close the Gap Cafe, Ratna Square Shopping Centre, Links Rd, Nyali, Mombasa (https://maps.app.goo.gl/pkqEcpY1E7TUNABN7)
Format: 6 rounds Rapid
Pairings system: Swiss
Time control: 15m + 10s
Rating status: Unrated
- 9.30 to 10 am – Opening ceremony
- 10 to 10.40 am – Round 1
- 10.45 to 11.25 am – Round 2
- 11.30 am to 12.20 pm – Round 3
- 12.20 to 1 pm – Lunch break
- 1 to 1.40 pm – Round 4
- 1.45 to 2.25 pm – Round 5
- 2.30 to 3.20 pm – Round 6
- 3.20 to 4 pm – Closing ceremony
- 1st place – Gold medal + KES 1,250 cash
- 2nd place – Silver medal + KES 1,000 cash
- 3rd place – Bronze medal + KES 750 cash
Entry fee: KES 1,000
Player limits: 6 (minimum), 12 (maximum)
- Send the following player information via WhatsApp to 0711558575:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- FIDE ID Number (if available)
- Club name
- Wait for a confirmation of acceptance.
- Pay entry fee via M-PESA to 0711558575.
Registration deadline: 5 pm on Friday, 3rd September 2021
Pairings and results: http://chess-results.com/tnr575948.aspx?lan=1&turdet=YES
Rules and regulations:
- Players will be ranked according to their FIDE rating (rapid and then standard where available) or alphabetically (first name) at the start of the tournament.
- Only players who are present at the venue by 9.45 am will be paired in Round 1. Latecomers will be allowed to play from Round 2.
- Pairings and results of every round will be published on Chess-Results.
- If a player wishes to withdraw from the tournament at any stage, he/she or his/her parents (for minors) must inform the chief arbiter before the next round is paired.
- Ties at the end of Round 6 will be broken by applying the following tie-break systems in the same order as below:
- Direct encounter (results of players in the same point group)
- Greater number of victories (inclusive of forfeit points)
- Buchholz (less worst result)
- Players must not have any electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, Kindles, etc.) on them while their games are on. These can be handed over to the arbiter or kept in the player’s bag after being switched off. If a player’s phone rings in the middle of a round, he/she will immediately forfeit the game.
- Spectators must keep their phones on silent mode and maintain a safe distance from the tables to avoid disturbing the players.
- Covid protocols will be observed at the tournament venue. Players and spectators are requested to keep their masks on at all times.
- Prize winners must be present at the closing ceremony to receive their prizes.
Chief arbiter: IA Paras Gudka
Contact info: 0711558575