Date: Saturday, 19th February 2022
Time: 2 to 6 pm
Venue: Room 102, YWCA Parkview Suites, Nyerere Road, Nairobi, KENYA (Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/Bbscc9eoBYkQ8art8)
Format: 5 rounds FIDE-rated Rapid (15+0)
Pairings system: Swiss
Capacity: 24 players
- Westlands Chess Club members and rated players with FIDE Rapid or Standard ratings – KES 300
- Non-members and unrated players – KES 500
- Call/WhatsApp Paras on 0711 55 85 75 to check if there are places available.
- If places are available, send your full name and FIDE ID to Paras via SMS/WhatsApp.
- If you don’t have a FIDE ID, send your full name, birthdate, and email address to Paras via SMS/WhatsApp.
- Send the entry fee of KES 300/500 to 0711 55 85 75 via M-PESA.
- Check if your name has been added to the tournament page on ChessManager at chessmanager.com/en/tournaments/5657006650163200.
Registration deadline: 12 pm on Saturday, 19th February 2022
- 1st Place – KES 1,500 cash
- 2nd Place – KES 1,000 cash
- 3rd Place – KES 750 cash
- Best WeCCie – KES 500 cash
Saturday, 19th February 2022
- 2 to 2.30 pm – Venue setup and arrival of players
- 2.30 to 3 pm – Round 1
- 3.10 to 3.40 pm – Round 2
- 3.50 to 4.20 pm – Round 3
- 4.30 to 5 pm – Round 4
- 5.10 to 5.40 pm – Round 5
- 5.40 to 6 pm – Closing ceremony
Pairings and results: Chess Manager / chessmanager.com
Rules, regulations, and notes:
- Pairings and results of every round will be published on chessmanager.com.
- If a player wishes to withdraw from the tournament at any stage, he/she or his/her parents (for minors) must inform the chief arbiter before the next round is paired.
- Players must not have any electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, Kindles, etc.) on them while their games are on. These can be handed over to the arbiter or kept in the player’s bag after being switched off. If a player’s phone rings in the middle of a round, he/she will immediately forfeit the game.
- Cash prizes will not be shared. If players are tied on points at the end of the tournament, tie-break systems will be applied in the following order:
- Direct encounter (results of players in the same point group)
- Greater number of victories (inclusive of forfeit points)
- Buchholz Cut 1
- Prize winners must be present at the closing ceremony to receive their prizes.
- Covid protocols will be observed at the tournament venue. Players and spectators are requested to keep their masks on at all times.
Organisers: Westlands Chess Club
Contact: 0711 55 85 75