Date: Sunday, 28th November 2021
Time: 10 am to 1 pm
Venue: Khadija Secondary School, opp. Gulf African Bank, Mombasa-Malindi Highway, Kisauni, Mombasa, KENYA (Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/KyR8XeattGF9PeoeA)
Format: 12 rounds FIDE-rated Blitz (5m flat)
Pairings system: Swiss
Capacity: 40 players
Entry fee: KES 300
- 1st Place – KES 1,250 cash
- 2nd Place – KES 1,000 cash
- 3rd Place – KES 750 cash
- Best University Player – KES 500 cash
- Best Female Player – KES 500 cash
- Best Junior Player (U18) – KES 500 cash
Sunday, 28th November 2021
- 10 am to 11.15 am – Rounds 1 to 6
- 11.15 to 11.30 am – Break
- 11.30 am to 12.45 pm – Rounds 7 to 12
- 12.45 to 1 pm – Closing ceremony
Registration process: Call or WhatsApp Paras Gudka on 0711558575
Registration deadline: 9 am on Sunday, 28th November 2021
Pairings and results: Chess-Results.com
Rules, regulations, and notes:
- Players will be ranked according to their FIDE blitz ratings, FIDE standard ratings, URS ratings, or alphabetically before the start of Round 1.
- Pairings and results of every round will be published on Chess-Results.com.
- If a player wishes to withdraw from the tournament at any stage, he/she or his/her parents (for minors) must inform the chief arbiter before the next round is paired.
- Players must not have any electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, Kindles, etc.) on them while their games are on. These can be handed over to the arbiter or kept in the player’s bag after being switched off. If a player’s phone rings in the middle of a round, he/she will immediately forfeit the game.
- Cash prizes will not be shared. If players are tied on points at the end of the tournament, tie-break systems will be applied in the following order:
- Direct encounter (results of players in the same point group)
- Greater number of victories (inclusive of forfeit points)
- Buchholz cut 1 (less worst result)
- Prize winners must be present at the closing ceremony to receive their prizes.
- Covid protocols will be observed at the tournament venue. Players and spectators are requested to keep their masks on at all times.
Organiser: Paras Gudka
Contact: 0711 55 85 75