Date: Sunday, 3rd October 2021
Time: 9.30 am to 5 pm
Venue: Staff Room, Khadija Secondary School, opp. Gulf African Bank, Mombasa-Malindi Highway, Kisauni, Mombasa, KENYA (Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/rVPWY3AraR3zAa2J6)
Format: 5 rounds FIDE-rated Rapid (30m flat)
Pairings system: Swiss
Entry fee: Rated & female players – KES 500; Unrated players – KES 750
Capacity: Up to 32 players
- 1st Place – Gold medal + KES 1,500 cash
- 2nd Place – Silver medal + KES 1,000 cash
- 3rd Place – Bronze medal + KES 750 cash
- Best Junior Player (U20) – Gold medal + KES 500 cash
- Best Junior Player (U14) – Gold medal + KES 500 cash
- Best Junior Player (U12) – Gold medal
- Best Junior Player (U10) – Gold medal
- Best Female Player – Gold medal + KES 500 cash
- 9.30 to 10 am – Arrival of players
- 10 to 11 am – Round 1
- 11.05 am to 12.05 pm – Round 2
- 12.10 to 1.10 pm – Round 3
- 1.10 to 2.10 pm – Lunch break
- 2.10 to 3.10 pm – Round 4
- 3.15 to 4.15 pm – Round 5
- 4.30 to 5 pm – Closing ceremony
Step 1: Send the following player information via WhatsApp to 0711 558 575:
- FIDE ID Number (if available)
- Last name, First name, Middle name(s)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Club name
Step 2: Wait for a confirmation of acceptance.
Step 3: Pay the entry fee via M-PESA to 0711 558 575.
Step 4: Confirm player details on Chess-Results.com.
Registration deadline: 5 pm on Saturday, 2nd October 2021
Pairings and results: Chess-Results.com
Rules and regulations:
- Players will be ranked according to the following criteria (applied in the same order) at the start of the tournament:
- FIDE Rapid/Standard rating (RtgI)
- URS rating (RtgN)
- Alphabetically by first name
- Only players who are present at the venue by 9.55 am will be paired in Round 1. Latecomers will be allowed to play from Round 2.
- Pairings and results of every round will be published on Chess-Results.com.
- If a player wishes to withdraw from the tournament at any stage, he/she or his/her parents (for minors) must inform the chief arbiter before the next round is paired.
- Players must not have any electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, Kindles, etc.) on them while their games are on. These can be handed over to the arbiter or kept in the player’s bag after being switched off. If a player’s phone rings in the middle of a round, he/she will immediately forfeit the game.
- If there are any ties for prizes at the end of the tournament, tie-break systems will be applied in the following order:
- Direct encounter (results of players in the same point group)
- Greater number of victories (inclusive of forfeit points)
- Buchholz (less worst result)
- Covid protocols will be observed at the tournament venue. Players and spectators are requested to keep their masks on at all times.
- Prize winners must be present at the closing ceremony to receive their prizes.
Chief arbiter: IA Paras Gudka
Contact info: 0711 558 575