Date: Sunday, 20th February 2022
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Venue: (To be disclosed to participants)
Format: 5 rounds FIDE-rated Rapid (10+5)
Pairings system: Single Round-Robin
Capacity: 6 players (Westlands Chess Club members only)
Entry fee: None
Sunday, 20th February 2022
- 10 to 10.30 am – Venue setup and arrival of players
- 10.30 to 11 am – Round 1
- 11.10 to 11.40 am – Round 2
- 11.50 am to 12.20 pm – Round 3
- 12.30 to 1 pm – Round 4
- 1.10 to 1.40 pm – Round 5
- 1.40 to 2 pm – Closing ceremony
Pairings and results: Chess Manager / chessmanager.com
Rules, regulations, and notes:
- Pairings and results of every round will be published on chessmanager.com.
- If a player wishes to withdraw from the tournament, he/she or his/her parents (for minors) must inform the chief arbiter before the rounds are paired.
- Players must not have any electronic devices (mobile phones, tablets, Kindles, etc.) on them while their games are on. These can be handed over to the arbiter or kept in the player’s bag after being switched off. If a player’s phone rings in the middle of a round, he/she will immediately forfeit the game.
- The following tie-break systems will be used in this tournament:
- Direct encounter (results of players in the same point group)
- Greater number of victories
- Koya System
- Covid protocols will be observed at the tournament venue. Players and spectators are requested to keep their masks on at all times.
Organisers: Westlands Chess Club
Contact: 0711 55 85 75